Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Creating Project Calendars

7 replies [Last post]
Skye Mills
User offline. Last seen 15 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Does anybody have a procedure on how to create a project calendar

It should include , Financial cut offs, Client report dates, Internal report dates

I believe Brown & Root had one before the MW Kelloggs merger

The procedure would be typical in a major EPC (Oil & Gas)company

It is NOT the procedure on how to create a calendar in Primavera.

Hope somebody can help

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

this is confusing

1st line you said

Does anybody have a procedure on how to create a project calendar

Last line you said 

It is NOT the procedure on how to create a calendar in Primavera.

Tang desheng
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

1.CONTRACTOR will develop and submit its Project Calendar for review by COMPANY. CONTRACTOR’s Project Calendar will provide details and clarity on key dates, cut-off dates, meetings, submissions and any other required detail, documentation and events that will occur on a regular basis.

2.CONTRACTOR will maintain the Project Calendar so as to align with any agreed changes agreed with COMPANY and the updated Project Calendar will be re-submitted as changes occur. In any event, CONTRACTOR will review and re-issue the Project Calendar every (3) three months.

3.CONTRACTOR will submit to COMPANY for review, its detailed Project Calendar procedure for implementing the provisions of the CONTRACT and specifically this clause. CONTRACTOR’s detailed Project Calendar procedure will describe CONTRACTOR’s methodology and systems for implementing the provisions of the CONTRACT, this Clause, and the requirements of COMPANY Standard Procedure,.

So does anyone have a template for the above description?Could anyone help me,and send the template to the my email:cpptangdeshengifl@163.com

Best regards.

Tang

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Skye

If you donn’t know how to do it say so and get the consequences.

Otherwise use the God given intelligence that you were born with and put something together using your own concepts.

If you don’t know what your boss requires he doesn’t either. Ask him for a template to check if he does.

Get your ideas down on a spreadsheet - review the results - check it against what you think is reasonable - and then submit it for review.

If in doubt bluff and bullshit will baffle brains.
Just remember Bullshit won’t baffle Bullshit.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Skye Mills
Mike

thanks again

unfortunately the company wants me to write a procedure.

I really want the wording to be clear and consise.

If somebody had already written a good one, it would have been helpful as a go by

regards
Mike Testro
Hi Skye

In that case just use your own knowledge of your companies procedures. Forget about any other.

Use an excell spreadsheet.

1. Set down the various reports required.
2. Set down the points in the project from which the reports have to be generated.
3. Set down a reasonable time for the reports to be put ogether
4. Add 3 and 2 and you have a report required date.

Alternatively

1. Take the required report date.
2. Set down the points in the project from which the reports have to be generated.
3. Deduct 2 from 1 and you have the time required to generate the report.

Either of these can then be standardised for any project.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Skye Mills
Hi Mike

many thanks for the reply.

Possibly like milestones but more like a ’A Project Calendar’

I need to write a coompany procedure that can be implemented wherever in the world we have projects

A procedure that will layout the calendar format for all those who need it on the project. All report cut off dates will be need to shown from company financial reports to dates when internal project review take place.

I am sure somebody can lay their hands on the old Brown and Root procedure

regards
Mike Testro
Hi Skye

I think you may be confusing calendars with milestones.

Items that require action on a certain date on a programme are best expressed as milestones - using logic links or "end by" flags to fix them in the chart.

Calendars are used to set up non working periods such as weekends - holidays - predicted weather etc.

Best regards

Mike Testro