Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

CASHFLOWS

9 replies [Last post]
marwan ibrahim
User offline. Last seen 14 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there. Can someone please help me in producing or making early and late cashflows in P5.

Cheers,

Marwan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

assign resources to each activity then assign the budgeted cost for each activity then view show on bottom resource usage profile

then right click in the right hand windows and select resource usage profile options

under Display make sure that cost is checked 

then click on the Budgeted and calmative 

and also click on the remaining early and the remaining calmative boxes are checked

Samantha Mallawa
User offline. Last seen 6 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Hi there,

Can anyone send me the excel format for cashflow which shall be used for tender stage. my email is spms_1977@yahoo.com

marwan ibrahim
In addition, the early earned value is just the normal cash flow generated. So, how about the late earned value? Is it possible in P5?
marwan ibrahim
The thing is, we have manpower and equipment, in P5, we can generate early and late resource requirements in the Assignments. When cost codes are made separately for the expenses, can we generate same early and late earned planned values?
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 days ago. Offline
Douglas
That’s a difficult decision: If you’ll attach it to the activity, quantity and costs are correct, date wrong, if you’ll attach it to a milestone and dissolve the cost from the activity, cost may not be correct, but the date is ok. We decided to work with a payment milestone, because for our kind of projects this seems to be the more accurate way.
Here you have to evaluate what fits better. For the cash flow for a project in progress the actuals will come from accounting.
Regards
Dieter
Douglas Byles
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dieter,
I suspect what Marwan is referring to is something similar to one of my posts.

That is how do we in Primavera, handle remaining costs when the physical work of an Activity is complete.

That is a Contractor has completed all the Physical concreting, but they will take another 3 months to invoice and be paid for the work.

So Remaining Costs are $X but work is 100%.

Regards
Doug.
Dieter Wambach
Marwan
In this report you can show remaining early- and remaining late costs.
Group "Activities"
Regards
Dieter
marwan ibrahim
Dieter,
You just elaborated CASHFLOW, what I am pointing out are the specific terms, EARLY CASHFLOW and LATE CASHFLOW. Does it exist in Primavera? Is it possible in P5/P6 to generate this data?
Dieter Wambach
Marwan
Cash flow is time distributed cash-ins and and cash-outs. It’s really not difficult to generate a cash flow.
Ins and outs depend on events: Purchase order placed, arrival of equipment, design approved ...
In P5 you have costs related to resources (labour, non-labour, material) and expenses. These costs are assigned to activities ( indirect via resource, direct by expenses) and the activities/events are assigned to time.
After the project is planned you can easily run a report. The quality of cash flow will depend on the quality of your planning.
As in general the print features of P5 are not sufficient for controllers’ needs you’ll create a csv/text-file and use Excel for print-outs.
Regards
Dieter