Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera 5.0 - Splitting activities in Gantt

No replies
Faisal Bilgrami
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone actually help me with splitting activities using Primavera 5.0? I have used MS Project importing to bring in the necessary WBS & activity level data but some activities were split within MS Project while I can’t figure out how to reflect them in P5 the same way, under the Gantt Chart.

I’ve tried looking under Calendars to see if I can create a special calendar but it only allows me to change work days/ weeks into non-work days/ weeks or vice versa and there isn’t any option to actually allow splitting. I’ve tried searching Help function as well but to no avail.

As an example of what I’m trying to achieve here is, if a Person A is only required to work specific number of hours every month and these hours vary each month, upto the duration of the activity. How do I reflect this in Gantt Chart. MS Project is simpler in this sense as you simply right-click on the bar and select "Split" option and drag the two separate parts of the same bar to whatever the required durations are.