Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

merging of activities

3 replies [Last post]
Vijayendra Surve
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
sir,
how can be merging of activities can be done in revised project ,i mean im doing planning of MEP services but rest of Civil planning is done by Main Contractor.
Since by the time i am inserting activities & linking those Civil Planner on other side has either done some changes or went ahead so can i insert h work i have done in his progg. inorder to incorporate and make tht one progg. atleast for one floor.

Replies

Vijayasarthty S
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 days ago. Offline
Thin what u need to do is ensure that the activity codes of both the programs are same....in case of any overlap u have to amend it accordingly till the stage where ur two programs have same activity codes.....the pgm to be merged copy it in its entireity then paste it on the other program after applyng the no activities filter....this should work ..i have done the same exercise many times now.....I work for the main cont and this is how i integrate my subcontractor programs....

Regards,

Vijay
Vijayendra Surve
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
yes all the activity ID r same only some links are changed so pl tell me abt merging.
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
hi
your activity codes and all that stuff should be same for merging of projects
regards
mangesh