Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EARLY AND LATE SCHEDULE

3 replies [Last post]
forat faris
User offline. Last seen 8 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
HI ALL
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF I CAN USE REPORT(EARLY AND LATE SCHEDULE) TO GET PROGRESS%(BASED ON MD)?
USUALY ..I USED REPORT WRITER TO GET (MD)BY USING (BQWP)..
BUT WHEN I USE (EARLY AND LATE SCHEDULE) I GET ANOTHER VALUE.... THANKS

Replies

Larry Bjorn
User offline. Last seen 11 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dayanidhi,

Your statement “if you are in between early and late dates curve, you are safe” is misguiding. S-curves show the general progress of a project. Just because the general situation is within the norms, does not necessary mean that the critical path is under control. Using late dates to evaluate adequate progress sounds like playing with fire to me.

Best Regards,
forat faris
User offline. Last seen 8 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
THANK U ......
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
you can use early & late dates to prepare (s-curve), then enter the actual to see where you are, if you are in between early and late dates curve, you are safe. if your actual curve goes below the late dates curve, then you need to take some measures to bring back your project on track.