Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

===///Help me with my school homework\===

11 replies [Last post]
James Blake
User offline. Last seen 11 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can someone wip me up a simple gantt chart of a project plan for Wembley stadium?

Oh and you could also mention how they could have avoided the project going wrong.

tnx

Replies

David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 hours ago. Offline
Hi James

Have a quick look at
http://www.wembleystadium.com/brilliantfuture/thenewdesign/theconstructi...

It gives some idea of the original timeline for the development. However, as you are probably aware the project is somewhet in delay although now it is envisaged that the 2007 cup final will be played there.

Regards

David
M.Cem Usluoglu
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Dear James
As i told before NASA pathfinder project was completely open to public.I tried to dig to find the gantt but nowadays i am pretty busy.Try to find it in these links.
Hope they will be handy

http://appel.nasa.gov/ask/pdf/61551main_11_pert_morgan.pdf

http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/

http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/MPF/sitemap/general.html

Good luck...and please inform me if you will not find anything.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Tom

Spot on

James

The best option is what everyone suggest, find a project that is open to the public forum

Alex
Tom Howard
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
AS IF MULTIPLEX WOULD RELEASE THEIR CONSTRUCTION PROGRAMME !

Contractual implications aside (there are still issues with S/C’s pending), the media could have (yet more of) a field day with information like that.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hello James,

Why dont you hop into anybody’s car, drive to Western Australia, stop in the city called Perth and go straight to Multiplex.

Am I correct as per someone who told me MULTIPLEX Head Office is located in PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRLIA. Of course MULTIPLEX got a lot of branch office worldwide.

MULTIPLEX used to work with me in Malaysia, building constructed: 37 storey ++ MENARA BUDAYA TOWER.

MULTIPLEX was the best company at that point in time, in my opinion.

cheers,

Charlie
M.Cem Usluoglu
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
As a real soccer fan if i am not wrong they have almost demolished Wembley an building a new complex.When complete, the new Wembley Stadium will be the largest roof-covered football stadium in Europe.You need first constructing or re-constructing plans?

If you need any gantt chart as other people advised you below you better try to find something open-to-public.Not every project’s plans are dealed to public.Sydney opera house is a classic.And you will not have many problems to find documentary about it.Also some NASA projects like MARS ,Pathfinder were also open to public.

But if you need gantts about Wembley i should only suggest you to contact the people who have held that project,explain your situation and prove it with documents that you are an offical student and you need it for educational purposes.Maybe they may supply you some basic materials.

Good Lcuk
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi James,

Alex, Bahari and Mimoune have given you good advice. But it depends what you actually want to achieve, if you just want a simple Gantt chart, pick something simple for your project, like making a cup of tea or coffee. If you want something to do with construction, why not a garden shed?

If you have to research something larger and more complex, the guys have covered it. Let us know how you get on.

Chris Oggham
Alex Wong
James

I suggest you look at something that is closer to your city and long time ago. Because
1. you will have more info on the subject
2. its no longer a court case so these doc can be release

Case study like the Sydney Opera Hours may be??

Is this a project success (in terms of project management - NO)
or
Is this a successful project (in outcome - Yes)

Good luck

Alex
Bahari Sulaiman
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Well, it needs more than a simple gantt chart, mate! It’s time that we need to realise of what we are doing, as the success in engineering and construction businesses is not a matter of chances.
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

As you are still studying, I’ll advise you to do your best, because once you begin working, you will have not the time even to make fun.Specially if you work on site

regards
mimoune
Alex Wong
Dont think that you can get it from anyone

Of course you might strick luck

Good Luck

Alex