Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

software

9 replies [Last post]
Ritesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all
Do u know any software to tracking, managing and monitoring for Engineering Drawings, kindly share ur views on it.

U can drop mail also directly my mail I-d riteskr@gmail.com

Or complete software for Project management tool

Regards
Ritesh Kr

Replies

Bo Johnsen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I don’t know if this is what you are looking for, but I would recommend having a look at

www.docia.com

We use it extensively in our company and it saves considerably times in document handling between the Designer, Client and Contractor. Everybody can just by sign in see the newest drawings, RFI’s, CR/CO’s etc. for each project they are involved in.....very handy.

rgds,

Bo

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Abhijit Kulkarni
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
You can visit www.wrenchsolutions.com. Recently these people gave an presentation to us and it is really good for monitoring the revisions / circulations / approvals etc. online.

I am not aware of the cost but may be useful for your need.
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Primavera Expedition can be used to monitor all sort of documents in the project (not only drawings), it can log all your IR, Contracts, Shop Dwg., Submittals, Letters, etc..

So i think if u will not use all these features then you can create a simple database (Access or Excel) to maintain the drawings log.
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
i recommend Primavera Expedition for big projects.
Hashim Muhammud
User offline. Last seen 11 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
hi,

I worked before in primavera expedition. But, because of the difficulty in handling it, our company devoloped a simple one doing the same job (but in a customised way) in Ms Access. It took only 2months to complete. We are using the same tool now for last 3 yrs and we are modifiying it as per our requirement. I will recomend such a solution for you, if you ave some people to do the work.

byeeeeeeee
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Agree with John... but if you really insist you can checkout/use software like primavera expedition...

Cheers!
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

Can you not try producing something on a spread sheet or even a data base, ie Excel/Access,or perhaps on larger project, try Oracle data bases.

By using this type of software you can develop, and keep developing what you require and what the client asks for etc. If you buy in ready developed software any changes can soon become very expensive and a total nightmare to get made by the software supplier!!!

regards

John
Trevor van Aurich
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 days ago. Offline
Have u considered a web based document control system like www.projectcentre.net

basically a database is stored in Sydney and is accessed by all staff using secure id’s. Best managed by a document control team.

It’s been used on a couple of projects i’ve been involved with and works a treat. seems to be easy to access information than non web based software