Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S-curve

12 replies [Last post]
Ritesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Can anyone suggest me?
Which software is appropriate for the preparation of S-curve?

Regards
Ritesh Kumar

Replies

Prashant Patel
User offline. Last seen 17 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Copy Paste data from Primavera to Excel.

Then put formula to distribute weitages whithin range of duration Early Start & Early Finish same for late dates.
u will get the early & late S - Curve.
( if u want formula give yr mail add to me)

Same u can also do in Primavera by doing non labor resourse loading in Primavera p3 e/c and generate S - Curve in primavera it self.
Ritesh Kumar
Dear all
Thanks for Ur precious time as well as views to share with me.
It really great to learn with successful project team.

Regards
Ritesh Kr
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys,

Give the guy some help, he is working on one of the P3e versions, and needs a report to generate the information. Once he has generated the the report, he then has a choice how to use it. The best way is probably excel. I know how to do it in PM v5 and P3, the question is how is is it done in P3e v3.5 and I will try to find out, as I have a guy working for me who knows all the versions, and can help. The point is if you do not have the correct answer, try not to confuse people anymore. Suggestions are OK as we all learn from them, but try and stay within the subject matter.
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

Drawing an S Curve is the last any easy part of a sceduler’s responsibility.
But keep in mind that we need data to draw an S Curve.

P3 or excel does not matter.First of all you have to load your activities with Resources...

Regards
Pierre Azar
User offline. Last seen 17 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Ritesh

if you’re using P3 version 3.1 then when you allocate resources to the activities, say manhours, primavera will automatically produce S-Curve for you. just go to tools, graphic reports, resource and costs. if you need further clarifications don’t hesitate to request it.

smile
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Ritesh,

You say, "I am working on Primavera (e) 3.5 Version." Do you mean that you have P3e (or P3e/c) Version 3.5? If this is the case, then you are in the wrong forum. If you have P3 Version 3.1, then please explain further.
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Paul/Ritesh,

I am not an expert on P (e) 3.5, but what Ritesh needs to find out is how to export to excel, and then he has to set up the s-curves there. If you can do this with hyperlinks, please explain. It can be done in newer versions, via other software, but if Paul has a trick up his sleeve, let us know about it. Paul thanks for gettting my braincells working here, will try this trick tomorrow, and let you guys know if I have any success.
regards
Paul Naughton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
If you set up tabular reports these can pull the data out, you can then link this to an excel spreadsheet to produce your curves. This saves time on exporting to excel for large amounts of data as you can set up a few reports and run them as a series.
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Dears,
the best way is to generate data from P3 and export it to excel, I know the first time to prepare it, it takes time but after that you just enter the updated progress figure and every thing will be drawn utomatically.

I hope it is fine.
Ritesh Kumar
Dear Sir
I am working on Primavera (e) 3.5 Version. Is any option to use that dates to prepare S-curve at least effort and correct way.
Kindly share your views.

Regards
Ritesh Kumar
Ritesh Kumar
Dear Sir
I am working on Primavera (e) 3.5 Version. Is any option to use that dates to prepare S-curve at least effort and correct way.
Kindly share your views.

Regards
Ritesh Kumar
Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
the so called ’s-curve’ is a kind of line chart. e.g. cost along timescale.

a lot of software can draw this kind of chart. the most popular one may be MS Excel.

the problem is from where you get the data.
for scheduling, most of the planning software can generate the data, they also have the ability to draw the curve.

I suggest to find a appropriate software for your planning work rather than a software for s-curve.(for the curve excel is enough)