Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planner scope of Work??

4 replies [Last post]
Zureena Abd Rahim
User offline. Last seen 15 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hello guys out there...
FYI i new comers in this planning world so i need some guidline so people will not bully me and i understand better my scope! ,-)
I just want to know real planner scope of work in sequences so i can improve myself to understand and implement effectively my job! ,-)

1 more thing, i sometime got confuse about in progress to finalize the project schedule.Example, let say i have done 1st draft of project schedule and got BIG problem to meet deadline (initiation stage) so the task no more logic if you decrease the duration or make it overlapping.
People keep asking me this pacakage XX what date to complete?, when is the time to procure? and many more...
so what i suppose to do?. Do i suppose to call all lead, project manager and others engineer and show them all the conflicts and finalize together?.. ,-(
I worried if they will say that its all my work so i suppose to complete it?...i want to learn from my mistake now!! so starting from today i have to know my pure rule as a planner..and guideline (step by step) what to do untill you can complete the schedule example; 1st gather all info, then do level 1 planning, or maybe WBS etc...

I had read some of literature but if you guys all senior really have a kind heart and want to help me, I really apprecite!!!!!

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Junior Planner
Zureen

Replies

Dave Ellis
User offline. Last seen 17 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Zureen

I recommend you go onto the PEO web site (see the link from planningplanet). There is some very interesting work on this sort of question posted there.

Dave
Zureena Abd Rahim
User offline. Last seen 15 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
;-) ,-) Guys!!!
very good tips to start!!!
Thank you very much!!!!!
I will try this as soon as posibble..but we need to conform the scope of work and requirement from client right? If not i think it will only intermidiate/rule of thumb stage of planning.am i right? correct me if i am wrong.I really appreciate if u guys can give guide me to be a good planner and known well my job!!
Thanks guy!! ,-)

Regards,
Zureen
Ronaldo Quilao
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Dear Fellow Planner:

Here are some proven tips:

Basically planning is a team effort. As a planner you will take the lead (a team player) to convene the (what we called) a planning and scheduling meeting. "Brain storming"..All team member (each discipline) shall have their input, share their experiences in related past projects. Discuss the approved scope of work, the approved construction methods, discuss also all tried and tested practical method which are suited or can be adopted or applied in your project, discuss every single litle thing that in your belief could affect your project. Then consolidate and consider all of these inputs in your planning. Planning the project is not the sole responsibility of the planner. The planner here is only the leader, who will initiate, who will lead, who will finalize all the input, but those input shall come to every member of the team who are actually involve or to be involve in the execution.

Try this first, then I will get back you for some other tips...Ronald
Rollen Lopez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Zureen,

pls check this link http://www.primavera.com/industry/ec/planner.asp

hope this helps you clear out some issues about your scope,

cheers,