Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transition Planning

2 replies [Last post]
Randa Shammas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Ok Planners,

I need some help on this one and any advice/recommendations will be highly appreciated.

I am in the initial phases of preparing a transition plan for maintenance & operations of existing oil production plants. A transition plan will schedule all activities needed for work to be done while handing over from one M&O contractor to another.

It is a plan that will ensure that the transition will be smooth, reliable, effective, with minimum impact and disruption to the production cycle.

I’ve never done this before. All my previous experience has been on engineering, procurememnt, construction and commissiong planning. Have ANY one of you prepared a transition plan before? I would really need to ask a series of questions on the topic, mainly how is progress recorded on such activities?

Cheers,

R

Replies

Randa Shammas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Jaco,

let me clarify, I have in fact built a commissioning plan (sequneciong by system) on primavera, but i did not get to record progress on commissioning.

so although I’ve done the commisioning scheduling work and sat down withthe commissioning team to decide on the wight factors, I never stayed long enough for the commissioning activities to begin.

are you in Oil & Gas in the UAE?

Randa

Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Randa

Nothing to do with transition planning but I dont understand something. ????

Have you done commisioning or not.

"I’ve never done this before. All my previous experience has been on engineering, procurememnt, construction and commissiong planning."

"Commissioning I believe is done like construction, but you should check on that cause i’m not sure."

PS Transition planning I believe is the same as handing over of a project with other words you first need to do the Procedure’s Then you need to do the "PIM/PTM" and then you do the Schedule.
Cheers

Cheers