Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMI-SP Study Material, Sample Questions?

5 replies [Last post]
Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 5 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ali Osama
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

this pmi-sp material free download 

https://bibloteka.com/300-questions-in-pmi-sp-certification/

PMI-SP Study MaterialPMI-SP Study MaterialPMI-SP Study Material

Kylie Horgan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Carlos

I see this is quite an old post but I'm wondering if you have sat for the PMI-SP Certification yet?

I'm after some information on a study plan for it:

My investigations have shown the current books to study include:
PMBOK Guide 4th edn, specifically Chapter 6 - Project Time Management.
PMI-SP Exam Specification.
Practice Standard for Scheduling.
NOTE: the Practice Standard for Scheduling talks about also knowing the 2 standards below:
Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structures,
Practice Standard for Earned Value Management.

You can purchase a PMI-SP Study preparation guide via a company called uCertify (www.ucertify.com) - I don't know how useful it is yet as I haven't sat the exam.

People studying for the PMP seem to have ample study guides available to them - just google it and you'll see what I mean. However, those of us studying for the PMI-SP have nothing available to assist us.

If you look at the current PMI Library of Global Standards you will see another 2 publications:
Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management, and
Practice Standard for Project Estimating.

Should we also study these publications for the exam? Where do we draw the line at what books to study?

Is there anyone who has the certification that could provide some advice for those of us currently studying for it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Kylie.
Juan L. Ramos L.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 1 week ago. Offline

on the web you can find many books ... visit gigle.ws

Regards,

Juan Luis

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Carlos,

Yes on Amazon you should be able to find a book for 200$ last time I checked few months ago. Maybe they have new books as well.

I recommend that you visit linkedin and search for groups their as well. There are 3 networks with about 150 people. Join the networks and connect with the people who are taking the exam or who already took the exam.

I did a quick check, there are 414 people on linkedin with PMI-SP certification. You can search for them and ask them directly how they passed the exam.

Good luck.

With kind regards,

Samer