Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Successor

7 replies [Last post]
V Kutty
User offline. Last seen 13 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I have a question.

We are using negative lags for example design to be finalised 60 days before Manufacture of First unit.

Manucture unit one FS(-60) Finalise design

Here the Predecessor of Finalise design is Manufacture unit one. What could I use as its successor so that Float values are good and real.

Thanks,

Vijay

Replies

V Kutty
Thanks Rodel, much appreciated.
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Thanks Rodel

I was just looking for this procedure,as I am on the way of using P6
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 38 min ago. Offline
Hi V Kutty,
I uploaded to snips basic steps for entering budget to P6, link below:
Basic Steps in Entering Budget
V Kutty
Thanks, any advice is welcome.

I am also keen on learning how to encorporate costs into Primavera what are the ways to do this?

Regards,

Vijay
Shah. HB
Hi Vijay

In addition to Gray advice, breaking down activities as mention by Gray helps to reduce usage of high lag values and your schedule becomes more realistic.On updating it yields better solutions for foreseeing delays .
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Logic should be
Finalise design FS(0) to Place Order FS(0) to Manufacture FS(0) to delivery FS(0) to Install.

There may be FAT or quality checks in there too.

If this logic gives you a delivery date significantly in advance of when you will be ready to install, you can make order, manufacture & delivery ALAP or zero float activities.
Shah. HB
Hi vijay

Try to avoid negative lags .If Finalized Design is required prior to manufacturing unit.
You can revise the link

Finalized Design {Predecessor} FS+60 days lag [If required] with Manufacture unit {Successor}