Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hi

8 replies [Last post]
Barakat qraywi
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Can you send me a copy please.
Email address: engbarakat@hotmail.com

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Joel

There is a difference between planners and schedulers.

Planners are the ones who know how to put up the building.

Schedulers are those who can work the software.

Some planners are also schedulers.

We all have to start somewhere and I like to help where I can.

I am with you on fripperies dotted around a programme - I am a minimalist following the principle that less is clearer - I use only 4 colour codes 1 for each level.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
It has nothing with not wanting to help a Planner, it is about keeping some order the way this site use to be run a few years ago. Thats all.

I mean read some of the forums and you wonder how some Planners can ask such basic questions and he is already hired and working as a planner. I blame the employer though many companies are still using planning as a pretty picture painter for management, and the young computer jockeys really know how to colour up a chart these days. Using Smileys for good Progress and Sad face for bad progress,is a good example. what flippen next???

I bet that will get some conversation going

Fereson Alcaide
User offline. Last seen 14 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Sir Joel,

i know you are already an expert when it comes to planning and scheduling and I salute you for that. But when we ask for copies of sample projects it does not mean that we are copying them. They only serve as guides. I believe you had been a newbie. Give us a chance to be someone like you also. I joined planning planet with my belief that I can enhance my skills through experts like you are.

I hope this might not be taken in a negative way.

For those who generously share what they know, I salute you guys. Keep it up...

dear Mr. Mike Testro,

I would like to thank you again for your mail. I had recieved your attachement, but the file is not working. do not bother your self, I can manage.

since I am a new planning engineer and I notice that, you have 32 years of Experience.
I asked you to send me this file just to use it as guide or refreence for the fresh planning engineer.

Also, I would to say to Mr. Joel Gilbert I am so sorry. I did this mistake coz I am a pissed planning engineer.

Thanks & best regards
Mike Testro
That should be

planning.services@xlninternet.co.uk

Best regards

Mike Testro
Mike Testro
Hi Joel

I am promoting a Training PDF as a basis for Bottom Up Planning.

Some pp members did not follow the original instructions on the thread and replied in multifarious directions.

I have tried to sweep up the strays hence my repsonse to Hi.

If you want to recieve a copy please email to:

planning.service@xlninternet.co.uk

and I will send you a copy.

Otherwise it seems we have a new Charleston in the offing.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
What flippen subject is Hi? and when is this sending copy bullsh#t going to stop?
It is time the moderators take action.
This site is just turning into a project mailing site, I am sorry to say for chancers that have sold themselves at ridiculous rates and now can´t do their jobs.(Ouch)

Come on planners don’t turn this site into a bloody circus and you know who you are. Act professionally and find other ways of obtaining projects. If you don´t try to construct it yourself first you will never learn, simply copying projects is just not good enough.

Pissed off Planner
Mike Testro
Hi Baraket

A copy of what?

Best regards

Mike Testro