Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Access / VBA guide

4 replies [Last post]
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
Can anyone recommend a good Acces / EXCEL / VBA & SQL guide.

I have a good knowledge of both Access and Excel GUI use but not how to implement scripts macros and all that. Specifically I’m after being able to use the linked Pervasive ODBC access tables to produce automated worklists, 3 day lookaheads, progress reports etc either outputting them to Access reports or to Excel sheets for graphing etc. I am making progress on this on my own, but it would be useful to have some sort of reference guide to refer to

So, the guide should provide me with;

- advanced tools in the Access / Excel GUI
- VBA and SQL scripting guide for Access and Excel
- VBA and SQL reference and syntax guide, general and specific to Access / Excel
- How tos for common tasks
- a tea maker and possibly a cigarete roller

Thanks

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
hello Raviraj,
do you have some books for excel macro programming , if yes please can you send to

deb.icd@tajnet.com

regards
deb
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Check:

www.avaxhome.org for more VB / Excel / Access books. U can find 100’s of books on d subject

:-)
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
My french is servicable in a bar or down at the market, but not good enough to read technical manuals!

Actually, I think I’m going to give the O’Reilly "integrating Excel and Access" a whirl, I have a few of their books already and they seem to take an approach that suits me.