Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Professional Qualifications?? Are There Any

6 replies [Last post]
Patrick Gaughan
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi people

I am wondering if there is anything planning wise to rival say Prince2 qualifications or Institute of Chartered Project Managers.

Is there an equivalent qualification for us planners, if not can anybody recommend decent training & qualifications to aim for.

I am thinking of doing Prince2 or APMP purely because of the lack of decent project planning specific courses & qualifications.

Any info would be greatly received.

Thanks

Pat Gaughan

Replies

warren bonandrini
User offline. Last seen 15 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
i discovered that the AACE(the association for the advancement of cost engineers) does the psp (planning and scheduling professional) accreditation - search for them on the web - they should have the details for the accreditation body in your country
warren bonandrini
i discovered that the AACE(the association for the advancement of cost engineers) does the psp (planning and scheduling professional) accreditation - search for them on the web - they should have the details for the accreditation body in your country
warren bonandrini
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
I was asked in an interview once if I have PSP. "sure" I said and whipped it out. "not that kind of PSP" ;-P

Someone asked about this qual a week or so back, is it any good / reaonably priced for us independants to go after? More importantly is the content interesting?
michael crawley
User offline. Last seen 15 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Try searching for the planning & Scheduling professional (PSP) qualification. However it does have a high level of failure to pass rate.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Pat,

It really depends on what you want, PRINCE2 Practitioner or APM Certification are both good, but may not have exactly the emphasis that you require. The only thing that I can suggest is that you have a look around; try for example some of the courses offered by The Planning Engineers Organisation. There are also useful courses offered by the Project Management Instutute.

There are some courses run by the International Project Management Association, but I’m not sure of the venues.

Hope this is useful.

Chris Oggham