Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P 5.0

9 replies [Last post]
Samar Ramadan
User offline. Last seen 17 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All

Please I need some centers that I can study P v 5.0 ( Primavera v5.0 as a software in Egypt , Cairo

Thanks

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
yes Ravi, and I would like to say that P3 is still the one I love!
Anoon Iimos
unfortunately it’s frustrating, not all PARs are Planners but just computer jockeys! so don’t exect too much! You really need to learn by yourself! and that’s a lot of time!

would you believe that there are PARs who don’t even know how the program calculates?!!!
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
No need to search the Internet. The PARs are listed here: www.primavera.com/partners/par.asp

As you’ll see, the only authorised rep in Egypt is Promastar, as previously listed in this thread. Although there is nothing to stop you travelling to another country to get authorised training if you prefer, or at Primavera’s own facilities.

In respect of Anoon’s question, bear in mind two things when thinking of waiting for P6 training. First, if you are only looking at Course 102 (the basic course for the Windows client), then there are not a huge number of differences between P5 and P6. (Most of the changes are reflected in the web interface.) And second, new training material usually lags the release of a new version by a few weeks. For example, Primavera’s first class in the U.S. using the updated material is scheduled for 27-29 August. Training run by a PAR will likely be similar. (P6 started shipping for new orders yesterday. Upgrades are currently scheduled to start shipping late next month.)

You can also purchase web-based training for the Course 102 equivalent. But a classroom-based course led by an authorised trainer would usually be of far more value.
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Samar,

In Middle East, searched the internet for you and came up with the following PAR’s:

1. www.cmcs.ae
2. orbit middle east (jeddah based)

Hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Burley
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ismail,

Search for KLG SYSTEL Ltd.

www.klgsystel.com

They are the authorised primavera trainers around India. They are having branch in Hydr too.

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase
Anoon Iimos
i’ll be taking a three (3) day course (8 hours per day) on P5 from an authorized primavera representative to start on wednesday (18-Jul-07), and i’ve learned that P6 is about to come out!

can anyone advise on how effective those so-called PARs and should I push thru with the training on P5 or shall I wait for P6 to come out?

what are the advantages of having a training certificate from Primavera Authorized Representatives? can it guarantee for a good pay?

TIA
ismail zaheer
User offline. Last seen 16 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
can i get P.5 Training center in hyderabad, india
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
The contact is Mostafa EL-Bakry ( mbakry@promastar.com ).

Regards.
Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Contact Promastar, the Primavera Authorised Representative in Cairo. Phone 2440990 or e-mail mbakry@promastar.com.