Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Software - EPPM or Professional

No replies
Barry Casey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

Quick question about your preferences for Primavera software.

I use Asta Powerproject & Project - client requesting P6.

Is the web based EPPM version suitable or the traditional download preferred. Indeed are the two intergrated in terms of file transfer?

Thanks

Barry

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago. Offline

I prefer the professional over the EPPM.  Prefer the install on your computer over the SAAS online version, you do not want to get held ransom to your internet service.  The EPPM has complexities not worth it for your situation, for most peoples I would assume, unless you are working at boeing tweeking resources on identical builds or something.

Barry Casey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 28 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for the replies, will follow this advice!

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

pretty much the same 

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 11 min ago. Offline
Since this is a single client compatibility issue, do not get involved in the complexities of EPPM. All your client's needs will be met with the Professional version.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 6 hours ago. Offline

Both are the same. You can open P6 data on both without any issues. EPPM version had additional functions such as Dashboard and timesheets compare to professional version.