Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Labor Units for Completed Activities

5 replies [Last post]
AMY ALLRED
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 16 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I have inherited a P6 schedule from someone no longer employed with us and there are some things that need repair. For one thing, when I add Actual Labor Units to P6 and view the Activity Useage Spreadsheet I can see how those actual labor units are distributed week-to-week over time. Strangely, the Activity Useage Spreadsheet shows actuals in the current week when the activity was marked "Complete" several months ago. Why is this happening?

Thanks,

Amy

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 23 min ago. Offline

none of these are LOE activity types correct  ?

AMY ALLRED

Are putting in actuals now ? Yes. Actual labor unit reallocations (adjustments) are made every week even on completed activities. Normally though, the Activity Useage View will spread the actual labor units between the Actual Start and Actual Finish. On this schedule however, it is placing the actual labor units in the current week even if the activitiy finished months ago. 

Are you using store period performance ? I have not yet. Have no idea what my predecessor was doing.

Right click in the graph area and select resource usage profile options is Actual AND Remaining early by date boxes checked ? Yes. All of the "By Date" boxes are checks.

Have you recalculated the schedule ? Yes.

AMY ALLRED

Are putting in actuals now ? Yes. Actual labor unit reallocations (adjustments) are made every week even on completed activities. Normally though, the Activity Useage View will spread the actual labor units between the Actual Start and Actual Finish. On this schedule however, it is placing the actual labor units in the current week even if the activitiy finished months ago. 

Are you using store period performance ? I have not yet. Have no idea what my predecessor was doing.

Right click in the graph area and select resource usage profile options is Actual AND Remaining early by date boxes checked ? Yes. All of the "By Date" boxes are checks.

AMY ALLRED

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 23 min ago. Offline

are putting in actuals now ?

Are you using store period performance ?

right click in the graph area and select resource usage profile options is Actual AND Remaining early by date boxes checked ?

Have you recalculated the schedule ?