Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transferring P6 8.4 standalone to new pc

4 replies [Last post]
Peter Holroyd
User offline. Last seen 5 days 17 hours ago. Offline
Any tips on how I transfer P6 software running under windows 7 to a PC under windows 10? Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

sent you via email detailed instructions

Peter Holroyd
User offline. Last seen 5 days 17 hours ago. Offline
Ok with data. What I can see is all backed up. What about the baselines which I can't see? Do I have to restore them? What about the P6 software? Email is peterholroyd207@aol.com Thanks
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

1. always back up your data

2. 1st option is to use the backup in sql and copy to a external drive or a network drive.

then on the new pc go into slq and select restore from the external thumb drive or netwrok drive.

3. other option is to open ALL projects and export them as an xer file to a external thumb drive or network drive

if you give me your email address I have detailed instructions on the backup and restore function in sql