Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rogue Activity in P6 program

5 replies [Last post]
Alan Dunn
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all,

I am a frustrated P6 V18 user and have an intiguing issue at the moment.  In one of my programs which I inherited from another planner I have an activity doing something very strange.  Activities were loaded with resources reflecting the revenue/claim value for the project for the activity.  Some of these involve LOEs for indirects.  In one of these activities the Remaining Units/Time and thus the Remaining Units double every time I choose to reschedule leading to an exponential error.  There is nothing particularly uniique about this activity as there are others like it in the program that are not behaving like this.  Has anybody else had an issue like this?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 23 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

glad I could help you.

Finding the anomolies and what is common among the activities that are casuing problems is always a good way to find the root of the problem.

Alan Dunn

Thanks Zoltan for the reply.  All the logic is fine.  There is however a difference in the Curve settings.  Interestingly the problem activity is the only one with a curve assigned (linear).  When I removed this selection the problem resolved itself.....

Alan Dunn

Thanks David,  I could delete & re-add, but as I rarely get data issues with P6 I like to know what is happening and why.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 23 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

try to look for the anomoily for this activity see whats is commom among these activiites 

if it is a LOE it wil be geeting the actauls from the activities that it is summarizing.

a LOE should have a SS predcessor and a FF successor

also a LOE should have a curve assigned to it or it will stack all of the resources on the data date

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline
Alan, Never. Have you tried delete and re-add?