Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Re-Baseline with actual progress

6 replies [Last post]
Abderrahim OUBDI
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

ALL-

After series of delays in the project that i'v been working on, the client ask for a re-baseline of the planning. I'm wondering if i could re-baseline with actual progress and submit it as the new baseline of the project. Or, should i remove all actual progress and start all over to match actual dates and then submit it clear of any progress.

Thanks,

Replies

Mohammed Azharuddin
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Check My Post Here.

https://youtu.be/pxax6hlolvE

Abderrahim OUBDI

Thanks for your clarification

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

NO that makes no sense at all. Your actulas are your actuals you can not change that is history and reflects what has actually happened. Now take that schedule and forecast the remaining work from now forward and make sure you finish the scheduel reflects completion on or before that contractual completin date. This is the REVISED BASELINE. 

Abderrahim OUBDI

Alexandre-

I'v been discussing this issue for a long time with one of my collegues, the reason why i posted it here. He told me that a baseline with actual progress and activities status marked as started caused him later on a problem in the database in a previous project.As a result, he lost his database. since then he started adjusting the new baseline to meet at first the actual dates by modifying relatiionships and lags, and then the remaining activiities to respect the contractual finish date

Thanks Folks

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

you must re-baseline with actuals this is your new line in the sand.