Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Assignment on Activity Completed or in Progress

2 replies [Last post]
Mike planner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello, 

I am applying resources to the activities in progress or completed but the actual is not showing on the activities that have been completed or in progress

Screen 1 - This is before the resource is applied 

1.png

Screen 2 - After i applied resource to the activity with original duration 15d, the budgeted labour unit shows 15, remaining labour unit shows 4 which are correct but the Actual labour unit is not showing anything. The actual suppose to show 11 

2.png

Thnaks 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Go to Projects make sure you project is open click on  the Calculations tab on the right under Resource Assignments 

make aure that When updating Actual Units or Costs that 

Subtract Actual from At Completion is checked and that 

Recalculate Actual Units and Costs when duration % complete changes is checked

also make sure that Link Actual and Actual This Period Units and Cost is checked.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi,

I do noticed the same issue with some of my Projects. But practically, Actual Unit and Actual Cost must be recorded manually.

You can work around, export the Resource assignment to excel then the actual units equals multiplying the Budgeted Units by the Performance % of the activity. Import back the Resource assigment then you get the actual units and as well the Actual Cost.

Regards,