Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Use Windows sysadmin to create primavera DB

4 replies [Last post]
Michalis Kolivas
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All

thank you for hosting me first of all, this is my first topic (hopefully i opened it correctly)

i would like to ask you the below question:

is there a way to use a windows account (that already has sysadmin role) in my MS SQL to create a primavera P6 (16.2) database? i am trying through the DBSetup script and i get "SQLServerException: Login Failed for user '...' " of course when i use the sa or any other SQL authenticated account with sysadmin rights i am able to proceed.

So, is there any way to create an SQL DB for primavera by using a windows authenticated account?

thanks

Michalis

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 22 hours ago. Offline

Santos is correct if you want to switch over you will have to use LDAP Authentication which is a windows log in user based environment. 

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Is it LDAP Authentication you require?

Link below from Oracle might help

https://support.oracle.com/knowledge/More%20Applications%20and%20Technologies/913433_1.html

Michalis Kolivas
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
The sa is working fine, but my manager wants to stop using the account and use windows authenticated accounts for better tracking\auditing. How can i have a clear official answer if what i am asking is doable or not?
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 22 hours ago. Offline

I dont think so I have only use the sa Sys admin user name

why dont you want to use this if it wroks ?