Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Correcting Time in Actual Project

5 replies [Last post]
Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,

A good day to everyone and it been i while i have visit the site. God Bless.

I would just like to know how can we correct the time in an actual schedule? the error in time kinda give our project schedule a negative float value, and i have tried to correct it, but it just revert back to the wrong time after schedulling, is there a way to correct this? (the project should be starting at 8:00AM and should be ending at 5:00PM and we have found out the issue late). I have seen one online from eastwood harris but it only shows how t identify the error and no solution was given. Hoping one of you guys could shed light on the issue cited above. Please see attached

p6_error_in_time.jpg

capture of the project.

With warm regards,

Ruel

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
You are right Zoltan. To fix the future dates he make sure to set the Data date time either 8:00am for the not started project or 5:00pm for the updated ongoing project.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Raymond that only fixes actual dates with acutal times. This does not address the forcasted dates and times.

Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you Raymond and Zoltan,

Both METHOD provided works fine, i just made 2 copies of the said project and tried each method on each one...

Ruel

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
To correct all actual start time, show actual start column with time then select all activities and make sure the cursor at the bottom pointed under actual start column. Ctrl+r, then replace all time with 8:00.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

1. turn on your times under edit users preference dates then select 12 hour

2 go to the projects directory make sure your project is highlighted an open select the dates tab make sure that the TIME on the start date is 8:00 am

3. on the project must fininh by date make sure the TIME is 5:00 pm

4. on the data date make sure that the TIME is 8:00 AM

5. any activities that have an actual start date make sure that the time is 8:00 AM

6. any activites that have an actual finish date make sure that the TIME is 5:00 PM

7. any start milestones make sure that on the constraint date that the TIME is 8:00 AM

8. any finish milestones make sure that on the constraint date that the TIME is 5:00 PM

once you correct all of this 

VERY IMPORTANT MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF THE REMAINING DURATIONS ARE IN WHOLE DAYS.

edit users preference TIME UNITS tab under the Durations Format make sure that decimal places is set to 2.