Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Autoincrement of Project ID

3 replies [Last post]
sharief sheikh
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I see in P6, based on the default settings at project level, the activity ID gets incremented automatically when we copy an activity. Is there similar setting somewhere for auto incrementing of Project Number at EPS level when we create a project, please?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

so am I

sharief sheikh
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline
I am talking about the projects at EPS level. Actually we were exploring an option to auto increment by 10 or defined number whenever we copy and a paste a project. Just to have consistency.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

its already built into the program

1st project is lets say called base 

if you copy it then the autoincrement name wil be base-1

if you copy that then it will be base-2

and so on but there is no changing the auto increment for a project name whne adding only when coping an existing project 

best thing to do os to create your own nameing convention and stick to it