Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Opening 3 projects and create a baseline of them all

5 replies [Last post]
Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

How do I create a single baseline of the 3 projects that reflect the 3 open together?   Is it a baseline for each project and just update it or can I do it all at once while they are all open?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

you can show 3 baselines and the current schedule at the same time

when you select the bars just make sure to put the 3 different baselines on different row numbers so that if the dates over lap one bar is not drawn on top of the other. 

Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks all for the help I think I understand the issue now.  I will have to work around the fact that I really can't show all the baselines at once.   I was mainly interested in major milestones committed to by the contractors and having the ability to show the slippage and the downstream effect while having them as stand-alone plans that I just import into to update.

Zoltan Palffy

you can have up to 3 different baselines associated with one project. 

Zoltan Palffy

when you assign a baseline the project can not be open and once it is assigned it wil become hidden from view until your restore it if you decided to do so.