Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Recovery Schedule with Additional Manpower

1 reply [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

My client asked me to prepare a recovery schedule because we are in short negative -5% from the planned value.

Now what my client want is that my recovery curve should cross/match the baseline curve as soon as possible & further more it must be up/ahead then the baseline s-curve unless you reach between 90% to 95%.

In addition client wants to show the more manpower requirement than the baseline planned manpower.

Here what I did, I crushed the schedule & tried to get all the results as my client want, but one thing I couldn’t understand that if my Budgeted Manhours are fixed then how would I show him the more required manpower then baseline.

Let say if I changed/increased the budgeted manhours to the activities where I need more manpower so my overall actual (which I am calculating from Earned Value Labor Units) will be changed.

any good advise in this regard will be highly appriciated

thanks in advance.....!

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 23 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

I answered this question in the linkedin forums