Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

primavera budgeted cost changes

3 replies [Last post]
müjdat özacar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline

Hi All,

i assigned resources and cost to  my schedule ... but when i enter any actual date in the schedule budgeted total cost gets zero ..

before i didnt come across with this kind of situation.. your help will be appreciated.. 

thanks ina dvance

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

1. open the project and select send project and email it to yourself before you do any changes. Its like making a back up if things go haywire.

2. next make sure that the duration type is fixed duration / units per time yours is not add the column for duration type and do a fill down

3. make sure that your activites are task not resource dependent

4. do a global change 

where calcuate costs fron units equal yes

then

calcuate costs from units = no

then select change on the right and then comitt changes

müjdat özacar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline

Zoltan,

-my duration type is fixed duration & units.. i follow in that way

-actual units or cost that subtract actual from at completion is checked

-recalculate actual units and cost when duration % complete changes is unchecked because my activity % completion type is physical . i enter actual units or cost manually with real numbers

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

make sure that the duration type is set to fixed duration and units/time

also go to PROJECTS and make sure that you project is highlighted and on the calculations tab make sure that under Resource assignments that When updating actual units or cost that subtract actual from at completion is checked and that recalculate actual units and cost when duration % complete changes.