Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

your help please - quick and easy

6 replies [Last post]
miles goodchild
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello

Sadly I don't have Primavera so ideally I'd like someone to help me test an assumption about copy and paste into Excel...

I have developed a tool that produces easy to update Plan on a Page schedule summaries.  I hail from the MS Office world and so have lots of experieice in using this to summarise MS Project and occationally MS Excel plans (with the option to combine them both into one summary if needed).   It does this by simply copying filtered information from the main plan and using this to drive the summary plan. 

I believe that this simplicity of the input channel (copy and paste into Excel) means that it should work with almost any planning tool however I don't have Primavera so I can't confirm this. 

Would anyone out there be willing to help me test my assumption?

Many thanks

Miles

Replies

miles goodchild

hi Zoltan, you have mail :)

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

got it 

miles goodchild

Not a problem, I have replied to your second message to me so hopefully this will get through.  I guess I did something wrong or the system doesn't like me :)

Zoltan Palffy

sorry I dont see it 

miles goodchild

Zoltan - you have a message from me - I'd love to move forwards on this :)

Thanks

Zoltan Palffy

yes send you exce file to me