Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Edit Relationship Line Size/Thickness

2 replies [Last post]
Richard A
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Folks,

I need your help in this. 

While I know that the Relationship line colours (black and red) cannot be changed in P6, I need help in changing the relationship line size/thickness. Especially the red one for Critical Path. I have searched  through the menus and option but with no luck. I noticed the lines are quite fine when in activity page, but once I get into the print preview, the Critical Path Relationship lines gets uncomfortably bigger and shows as such when printed. Below is an example of what I mean.

Regards

cp_relationship_line.jpg

Replies

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You can't directly do that. However there are two possible workarounds. 

1)Print the layout in PDF and Then use Adobe Acrobat professional Post Production tools > Fix Hairline option to change line sizes to whatever you are need it to be. Sometimes this is not successfull and you need more advance programs like Pit stop.

Or:

2)The other simpler option is using visualizer to draw the gant chart and using visualizer option> lines >relationships > line thikness to change the relationship line thikness. I prefer this method as I can change anything from colors of diffrent relationship types, style, weight and even line drawing styles. and yes the relationship colors can change but in visualizer. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

cant