Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Update

2 replies [Last post]
Mike Reymort
User offline. Last seen 6 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am updating my program on a weekly basis. Since my project is late my milestone dates are being delayed. The maximum delay for each milestone compared to the previous update should not exceed 7 days (since I am updating on a weekly basis). However, this is not the case; one of milestones got delayed for 9 rather than 7 days. How can my milestone be delayed more than 7 days if only 7 days had passed ? 

Any ideas ? 

Thanks

Mike 

Replies

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 days ago. Offline

There are million explanations. As Zoltan said the usual suspect is the Calendar diffrence. specially when you are certain that you didn't change anything else and the diffrence is miniscule.

Here are some of the examples.

1-Calendar diffrence.

2- Holidays, Long weekens, winter restrictions etc

3- Modified logic, original durations, calendars, constraints

4- resource calendar

5- expected finish for in progress activities or extending at completion

If you are really interested to see what happened add the previous schedule update as the baseline. filter float path 1 and compare start and finish dates with each other along the line.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

calendar difference