Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

No change in scheudule after "Update Existing" xer import

3 replies [Last post]
wullie hendry
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I update a subcontractors schedule every week and normally everything goes OK.  I have been doing this for over 1 year every week with the same settings and had no problems until around 6 weeks ago.  Now when I import the xer nothing changes, I do not receive any error to notify me and the import appears to be normal until checked.  When I import the xer as a new file I can see the update has been done correctly. 

This problems occurs with version 7 "update existing" import.  I have not (nor has he) changed the version etc or any other factor that may affect the import. 

Has anyone else encountered this?  I can not figure out why this is happening. 

Thanks in advance

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

check the import settings change ALL of the setting to insert new

also if this is on a server make sure that your access rights did not change

wullie hendry
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Zoltan

As stated the settings have been the same for over a week.  

The import does say it has completed and nothing changes hence the reason I have a problem.!

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

I am confused you say nothing changes and then you say the update has been done correctly 

double check the import settings