Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Saving different versions of a project

5 replies [Last post]
Ahmet Tuter
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I will save a copy of my project once i complete all durations and links, but before assigning any resources and calendar, even before creating those.

then after saving it, i will continue and create resources and calendar, then assign reosurces and calendar in to the second version.

now, if i were to open the first version again, for any reason, would all those resources and calendar, that i did after it, be available to it also?

Replies

Ahmet Tuter
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

thanks for all the answers .

when you say OBS here, why didnt you say EPS?

also then, it means other projects and all their versions will also be able to see those resources and calendars?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

they would be  available to it but not ASSIGNED to it

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Ahmet,

In my understanding in the 1st version there are no resources assigned. Therefore even if you add and assign resources to the 2nd version (another file), it doesnt mean that the resources will also be assigned to the 1st version as well.

You have to assign resources to the 1st version activities from the resource pool.

BR

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

yes