Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Defining Job Site Headcount

5 replies [Last post]
Chris Radecki
User offline. Last seen 6 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Bill,

What we have done form my platform job is create a material resource POB,  where for each activity 10 hours = 1POB.

So if an activity has 200 hours made up of differing trades,  then it has 20 POB.

Takes a small amount of time to set up,  but realiatvely easy to import to P6 using Resource assignment import function.

Works for me.  I use it for levelling beds.

Renganathan Renga...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

Can anyone advice on the sequence of fixing the 'rodding eye' in the plumbing line?

Also please mention, under which fix it will fall in MEP activities?

Regards,

Renganathan

+971523097616

+919789393322 (Whatsapp)

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 14 min ago. Offline

UNDER PARTIAL WORKLOADS SCENARIOS, VERY COMMON IN REAL LIFE JOBS IF YOU DO NOT DIFFERENTIATE QUANTITIES FROM EFFORT THE SOFTWARE MIGHT GET IT WRONG.

SHARING OF RESOURCES IS VERY COMMON, A TOWER CRANE MIGHT BE SHARED AMONG MANY ACTIVITIES ON A SINGLE DAY WHILE OTHER RESOURCES MIGHT WORK FULL DAY ON SAME ACTIVITY.  PARTIAL WORKLOADS HAPPENS VERY OFTEN WEATHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

BE AWARE THAT UNDER PARTIAL WORKLOADS MSP RESOURCE LEVELING IS UNRELIABLE I EXPECT THE SAME WITH P6. JUST MODEL THE FOLLOWING SIMPLE SCENARIO USING P6, RESOURCE LEVELING AS WELL AS RESOURCE USAGE WILL BE WRONG.

photo MSP_PW01_zpshuowmy5b.jpg

photo MSP_PW02_zpsgomwsguy.jpg

photo MSP_PW03_zpspuxindzt.jpg

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

select view on bottom resource usage profile 

on the lower elft window make sure that the resource is selected or select al of them.

in the right window right click and select Resource Usage Profile 

under display make sure that Units is selected

then clikc on the graph tab

at the bottom under Additional Dispaly Options 

make sure that calaculate average is selected and that base on hours per time period.

This wil give you teh required manpower by day,week,moth,quarter or years and will automatically be adjusted to wahtever the time scale is that you are currently viewing. 

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 14 min ago. Offline

photo Quantity vs Effortjpg_Page1_zpsi68bw6c0.jpg