Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing Xer File

5 replies [Last post]
Umer Mehmood
User offline. Last seen 1 year 48 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Friends

When i import Xer file , the data is imported , how when i schedule it again without making any changes , the dates change

Please advise how can i avoid , as i observe that calender used in import schedule are not in my p6

Need your assistance

Best Regards

Umer 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

when you import the project during the import process at the update Import Options select modify

in the 3rd section under Data Type: Project where it says calendars change this to Do Not Import and the calendars wil not be imported.

Nihat Yildirim
User offline. Last seen 1 year 51 weeks ago. Offline

The import configurations are set at the "Update Project Options" step within the import wizard. You see only the Default Configuration I guess. 

Please see the details here:

http://prmyazilim.com/en/blogs/136-import-config

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

first guess is that the project is using global calendars vs project calendars. The defaukt calendar that was used and YOUR default calendars are different.

Also your TIMES for your data date may be different

Umer Mehmood
User offline. Last seen 1 year 48 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for your comments

Please could you elobrate where to select new import confugurration , it would be really helpful

While recheck i found that the previous overirde  function , and my setting were not considering it.

thanks

Nihat Yildirim
User offline. Last seen 1 year 51 weeks ago. Offline

When importing create a new import configuration and in that configuration select insert new for calendars. Make sure that calendars in the XER files are imported.

Also make sure the environment that produced that XER has a similar hours/day setting like yours.  hours/day is typically and by default 8. If you messed with that setting durations would not look right.

If you still see the dates are changing then probably the XER is produced before scheduling and dates are not necessarily right just after the import.