Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

planning units

4 replies [Last post]
abeer mohamed
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

dear all,

i created resource excavation budget is 22965 m3 at the beginning of the project & this budget by p6 divided as follows aug. 21872, at Oct. 608 & Nov. 216.

which is not appropriate for the project so i need to adjust it manual per month on P6 as follows:

aug. 10188, at Oct. 7139 & Nov. 5368.

please clarify how can i do it in steps especially the project is active and now i prepared the updated till end of Nov.

regards.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 13 hours ago. Offline

you have several options

option #1

break the actvity into 3 activites one that occures in Aug one that occurs in Oct and one that occurs in Nov then assign the units to the 3 activiites. What happend to September you totaly skip that month ?

option #2

create a custom curve and then assign that custom curve to that activity. Adjust the percentages in the custom curve to suit your needs. 

yalçın güner
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

P6 has divided your budgeted units according to its remaining duration. If you want to divide your budget free from duration you have to change your percent complete type I think.

abeer mohamed
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

i need to modify the budget per month manual not the actual or % complete

yalçın güner
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Change your percent complete type from duration to Unit