Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline Resources - reports

2 replies [Last post]
Thomas Nicholson
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good afternoon all, 

I've been asked if I can generate a report from P6 to show our current plan resource amount vs our baseline resource amount.

i.e. when we baselined a job we had for example 20 tons of steel used, as the project has progressed this has changed a few times and I want to be able to get out of the P6 baseline what our original figure was so we can see how far it has changed in the time between. 

I'm fairly sure that without detaching the baseline and going into it manually the above report can be done.  My line manager is convinced P6 allows this.  

Can someone give us a defintive answer?  if I'm wrong then great can you tell me how to do this, if I'm right and it needs detaching then someone else has some work to do :)

thanks

Thom

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

Zoltan's reply is correct if you simply want to know if the cost has grown overall.

If you want to know which activities are responsible for the growth, pivoting the data into a time (rather than activity) based report will still leave a lot of work to do....

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

view show on bottom activity resource usage

on the right hand silde click Activity Usage Profile options

now under data select units 

now under filter for bars/curves select material

now under show bars/curves select Baseline and either Budgeted, Actual  or Remianing or ALL of them

you can also add a culumative cirve is you want by checking Cumulative

Then select Apply