Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project delay

2 replies [Last post]
mohamed civil
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I'm new to primavera.When I schedule the project after updating, Performance % complete is higher than schedule % complete. Although Anticipated finish date is higher than baseline finish date. Can someone explain me the reason as soon as possible because I have to send weekly report to consultant.They would ask the reason at me.Please

Thank you

Mohamed

Replies

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Dear Mohamed,

This could be because you are much advanced in the non critical path activities and delayed in the critical path activities.

The earned value calculation will reflect this.

Best Regards

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

so you mean that fnish date is LATER that the baseline finish date. 

What is your earned value setting?   Performance percent complete is used to compute earned value and may be based on the Activity% Complete, on the 0/100 rule, on the 50/50 rule, etc.,depending on the technique for computing earned-value percent complete for the activity's WBS. The Performance % Complete specifies what percentage of the activity's planned worth has been earned so far.  The Schedule % Complete specifies how much of the activity's baseline duration has been completed so far. Computed based on where the current data date falls between the activity's baseline start and finish dates. If the data dale is earlier than the BL Start, the Schedule % Complete is 0. If the data date is later than the BL Finish, the Schedule% Complete is 100. The Schedule % Complete indicates how much of the duration should be currently completed, relative to the selected baseline.  Are you looking at summary information