Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Issue Exporting Version 15 to Microsoft Project

2 replies [Last post]
William Manley
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Primavera wizards,

I am having an issue exporting version 15 to Microsoft Project.  Normally, in previous versions, I seem to recall exporting to .mpp files.  This version only gives me the option of .xml's (2010, 2007, 2002/2003) and MPX.  This is a function I have performed many many times in older versions, but seem to be having an issues here.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Replies

richard wall
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

I've just received a message from Oracle about exporting to MSP using 16.1. They said 16.1 has a bug in it and they will need to come out with a patch for 16.1 to export to MSP. They also said, that 15.2 works fine and will export to MSP using the .XML format.

Also, make sure you have create the JAVA_HOME in the Enviramental Variables on your computer. You will need the JAVA JRE installed. It will a path similiar to C:\Programs Files\Java\jre<version>. Create JAVA_HOME and then copy and past the Java string into the Enviramental Variables.....click ok, ok, ok