Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Why does my budgeted cost change every time I recalculate the schedule

3 replies [Last post]
Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I just created a cost loaded schedule and everything look fine. The problem is that everytime and re-run the schedule the budgeted cost changes on me and it driving me crazy. This only happen on a particular resource. P6 always always add or subtract some decimal points to whatever I input.  For example, $350,000 would change to $349,999.78. What is going on?

Replies

Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you. I talked to oracle about it. The problem was that P6 can only handle up to 6 decimal points. Anything after that will be truncated when you close the schedule.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

ok look at that one particualr resource and see how it is different from the others. You can aldo go to the activity directory and click on the resource tab at the botom and then right click in that lower window and add a column for calculate cost from units.

Tomasz Szłapa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Hey Tom!

Check out Reources if the Calculate cost from units is unchecked.

Best compare these two different resource according to this option.