Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Letter "A" in the start and finish date of activities

5 replies [Last post]
marco fulo
User offline. Last seen 8 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

Could anyone help me.  I'm new guy in primavera P6. Please I just want to know why there is letter "A" in the start and finish dates in my activity table but other don't have. its means there is an error that something i made? and i can't removed.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marco

Letter"A" in Start & Finish Activity dates

wysiwyg_imageupload::wysiwyg_imageupload::

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

if you want to remove the actuals go to the status tab first uncheck the check box next to the finish date then uncheck the box next to the start date. Thne make sure that the remaining duration equals the originla duration. Press F9

Robert Bell
User offline. Last seen 5 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Selva,

You won't get an "A" in the actual dates columns because they only populate when activities are actualised anyway. You'll see the "A" in the "Start" and "Finish" columns which combine actuals with forecast but Actual date columns are only filled in as the work is progressed and so does not need this indicator to make it clear that the date is an actual.

Hope this helps

Rob

selvakumar sekar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

actj.jpg

Dear All,

Please help me, how to get the A symbol suffix in actual updations?

Thanks

Selva

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

yes it means that this activity has actually started on that particular date and or has finished on that particular date. This is how progress is recorded on activities. if you add a column for actual start and or actual finish you will see that the date is the same.

However in your screen shot it appears that either progress has not been recorded correctly or that the data date  has not been adjusted. 

For example your third activity show a finish date of 10-Jan-16 this is impossible the same is true for the 7th activity where the start date is 14-Jun-15. If the actuals are correct that means that the data date is 02-Feb-16 therefore all activities should either have actuals prior to 02-Feb-16 or the start dates and or finish dates should be AFTER 01-FEB-16.

It appears that the data date has not been changed press F9 and change the date to 02-Feb-16 

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Marco,

A stands for Actual, it means you've entered an Actual Date compared to a Planned Date.

=jerome

http://plannerstips.blogspot.co.uk/