Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing actual progress in a schedule

10 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 2 days 20 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

Due to a variation order, the approved baseline programme has been revised with the incorporation of the variation item and few changes in the logic as mitigation.

In the last updated programme (without variation), out of 11,000 activities nearly 5000 activities are completed/in progress.

In order to set the revised baseline, is there any option to import the progress of those 5000 activities- from the last updated schedule to the revissed baseline?

Thanks

Best Regards

Kannan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 17 hours ago. Offline

make sure that the actual start TIME an and actual finish TIME is correct

Anas Khan
User offline. Last seen 5 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Steve.

I have two programs.

1) original baseline.

2) substantial completion mep program.

What i have to do is, import resources and budgeted labor units from (2) to (1), but when i do this, it does not happen.

I think as they are two different programs, i will have to map the WBS(es) as well.

Can you help me out with this issue?

Mohammed Ayaz Maniar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All. Can anyone guide me how to import actual start / actual finish, physical percent complete and duration percent complete from Excel, as I need to transfer actuals from other schedule into revised schedule by excel. Regards, Mohammed Ayaz
Mohammed Ayaz Maniar
Hi All. Can anyone guide me how to import actual start / actual finish, physical percent complete and duration percent complete from Excel, as I need to transfer actuals from other schedule into revised schedule by excel. Regards, Mohammed Ayaz
Mohammed Ayaz Maniar
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 2 days 20 hours ago. Offline

Thanks all..

Best Regards

Kannan

Robin Clare-Talbot
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all,

Raymund has the best suggestion on this. Since they have improved this module in the last 2 revisions, the Baseline Update is a fantastic way to get around some tedious tasks.

I would suggest however, until you are 100% familiar with all the options you have in the Baseline Update, make a backup of your schedule, and try a few things out first.

We have done baseline update on schedules over 100,000 activities, it may seem like your machine, the server and all things Primavera have frozen, but be patient, give it time and it will work.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 17 hours ago. Offline

I also do as Steve does the key is to export the excel file with the correct columns and then use this as a template for populating and importing back into P6. The TIMES must be correct with the actual start and finish dates. 

Steve Eiden
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Its a bit complicated but i import AS/AF and % into p6 frequently.The key is to correlate in Excel the list of actual dates by ID (i use vlookup) so that the rows of updated tasks line up by ID with the rows in the xls export from the baseline file. Then i make sure all AS/AF dates are 0800 to 1700 and then I import...works like a charm. This method maintains the WBS codes for all the tasks involved.
Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

I suggest to use the Update Baseline feature in the Maintain Baseline Window.