Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating Problem

4 replies [Last post]
Yahya Aderemi
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all, I want to be updating percentage comple so I rename the "Performance %Complete Colum" as , but when I try to enter a value, it only display 6%, no matter the value it will display 6%.

Please help solve this problem

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

renamainig a column doe snot effect the functionality of that field

try using duration % comeplete and update that 

also what is the duration TYPE set to  ?

and what is the activity type set to ?

Yahya Aderemi
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

@Ahmed Aziz, thanks for your reponse.

What you stated is exactly what I did but my problem is anytime I input a value for %complete in the colum, it only dislay 6% alone. e.g, if I type 50% complete for activity, the colum will display 6%. If I enter 20%, it will still display 6%. I don't know why

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

this is not the proper way to update a schedule

if you are going to use performance % complete then you need to change the % complete type physical

and you need to indicate an actual start date for the activity and then the performance % complete

if the activity is complete you need to indicate the actual finish date  

Ahmed Aziz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Dear yahya,

if you want to update the percantage complete, you need to know the % complete type for each activity and update accordingly.

here is a better method: show the activity % complete column and update it