Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Provision Scenario in P6

5 replies [Last post]
Hamid Tavassoli
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dears,

First of all, I know my question is not logical but we have no choice and should do as well.

In order to update plan in the data date, we should report to different shareholder with difference point of view and concerns.

So far we provide several separate time schedules and update the plan and remain duration according their requirement individually.

I want to know, is it possible to provide one project time schedule in the P6, and provide different layout with different remaining duration and consequently project finish date may be unfixed for any purposed layout.

Kindly help me in this regards.

Thanks in advanced

Hamid

Replies

Dmitry R
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

As far as I know, primavera has only one field for remaining duration. Therefore, you can have only one set of remaining durations for your schedule and only one calculated project finish date.

But I suppose, you could try using user defined fields. I mean, for instance you can use "user_number1" to insert you first set of the remaining durations and "user_number2" for the second set.

In this case you will have to run the Global change prior to applying layout.

Hamid Tavassoli

as I mentioned , I just have experience in P6 and need suport to guide me in P6

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

not that I know of and this is an Orcale P6 forum not a Spider forum

Hamid Tavassoli

Hi Hamid,

your question is logical but I am afraid that only Spider Project provides functionality that you need.

Using Spider project you can manage several schedules (with different activity duration and costs) in parallel entering actual data only in one of them. Then you may export different schedules with different budgets to different xer files if necessary.

Hi Velademir,

Actually I have no experince on Spider Project and so far waiting to receive any other solution in this regards.

thanks a lot for your kind reply.

Regards

Hi Hamid,

your question is logical but I am afraid that only Spider Project provides functionality that you need.

Using Spider project you can manage several schedules (with different activity duration and costs) in parallel entering actual data only in one of them. Then you may export different schedules with different budgets to different xer files if necessary.