Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using Primavera outside of network

1 reply [Last post]
Coen Suurs
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi planners,

Two question about using Primavera outside of the network. I have SQL 2012 express edition running on a server and when I login from inside of the network everything wors fine. But when I try to login from outside of the network, I get the error "Unable to connect to database. Would you like to configure the database connection now?

Q1. What do I need to do to access the database from outside of the network?

Q2. I never used Primavera for more then one user. I want to set this database up for multiple users. Is there anything I need to do to set this up? I've read that the Express edition is only alowing 1 user to be logged in at the time, but it should support access for multiple users right?

It has been a while that I installed Primavera, I do remember something about a "version"of Primavera for standalone sollutions, and a "version" for multiple users. Can someone ellaborate on these "versions"?

Thanks in advance,

Coen

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

A1. You need to VPN into your network to make sure that you have a valid secured conneciton. 

A2. For multiple users you will need a server and several licenses to connect to the server via the the thin client.

you will log into the database that is on the server. The other computer will need to have p6 installed on them to access the database located on the server.