Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Issue with importing resourses from Xer

8 replies [Last post]
Dmitry R
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hey, guys.

Today I got a problem while importing .xer-file.

All resources assignments import properly (both labor and material), but quantities of the resourses (budgeted, actual and remaining) equal zero after import .

The .xer-file contains correct quantities. I'm pretty sure that it does, because I've evaluated the .xer with xerFileParserBuilder.

Does anyone know what what it could be?

I'd really appreciate some help.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

is your colleague assigned to the profile as you are i.e end user, super user or project manager ? I dont know how your system is strucutred but check his settings also check the project access and see what you your security prolfle is there and check the global access and see what your global security profile is there and make sure that the  All Resource Access box is checked

Dmitry R

Unfortunately it didn't help.

Eventually, I've figured out that it might be a problem with access priveleges options. I think so, because one of my colleagues managed to import the xer properly. But at the first glance I didn't see any difference between his access option adjustment and mine.

Zoltan Palffy

on the resource do you have calculate cost from units checked ? if so it wil not import if you do yo uwil need to run a global change to change this setting to no for each activity that the resource is assigned to. 

Dmitry R

The duration type is the same for all activities in the schedule - fixed duration & units. The activity type is task dependent, if it's important.

Zoltan Palffy

on the activiites where the durations change to zero what is your duration type  ?

Dmitry R

Dear, colleagues.

Unfortunately, the problem persists.

Moreovere, I've noticed another feature of the problem - In-Progress and Finished activities import properly, but Not-Started activities import with one of the following issues:

- Either an activity has all the resources, but all durations of it (original, remaining, at completion) equal zero,

- or an activity has proper duration and a resource assignment, but the quantity of the assignment equals zero.

I've tried all the kinds of importing options but it wouldn't help.

Has anybody encountered this kind of problem?

Dmitry R

!

Zoltan Palffy

did this file come from a p3 converted file ?

also check the duraton type 

also during the import options choose the modify option and choose to add activity reqource assignments

also make sure that calculate cost from resoruce is set to no