Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera not playing nice with high resolution screen

2 replies [Last post]
Tim Neobard
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a 4k screen and v8.2.  Has Oracle fixed the bugs for high resolution screens in later versions? I can't find anyone mentioning there are problems...  It's pretty serious - you can't just increase the font size as the icons all mash up as well.

Replies

Jeffrey Salmonsen
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

I realize this thread is almost a couple of years old but I'm wordering if you have any more experience with trying to run P6 with a 4k monitor.  My laptop is dying (6 years old) and I'm thinking about upgrading to a machine with a 4k monitor but I don't want to waste my time if it can't drive it properly.  FYI I regularly run P6 on a 2560 x 1600 30" monitor and it works great.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tim Neobard
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Having tried to buy the newest version of Primavera (15.1 - not sure if it's released yet) they have sort of confirmed that even 15.1 does not work with resolutions over 1900x<whatever>

So if you've got a 3800 screen or higher, you'll need to reduce the screen resolution entirely to have it useable.

Funnily enough, Asta Power Project does 'sort of' work with high resolution screens - though the menu bars are a bit mucked up - not as bad as Primavera.

I've told them to give me a call when they patch the problem.