Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavea vs MS Project

3 replies [Last post]
Zyman Sergio
User offline. Last seen 8 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Good day, I use MS project and currently try to move to Primavera. But there are some things that I can't do in Primavera. For example in linked photo ( http://imgh.us/MS_Project.jpg ) you can find screenshot from MS project where I allocated resource to activity and entered planned work load by every day and then entered actual work for every day.So I can see on which date I worked more and what was total plan/actual work. But I can not do the same in Primavera. The only thing I can do is to enter planned work for every day. Or enter number of days and let Primavera distribute work hours based on Curve I select. I can't enter actual work for every day only remaining part. So that means can only see in total what was overwork for example and for daily tracking I have to use excel.
May be I do not know something and you can help me with that?   http://imgh.us/MS_Project.jpg

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 22 hours ago. Offline

if you select Project Resource assignments

then ontop on the right click the time scale choose and Week/Day1

the also on the right click on the small upside down triangle and choose spreadsheet fields and select Actual Units

now you can do the same thing as in MS Project 

Zyman Sergio
Zyman Sergio

Thanks in advance