Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resident Resources Loading

2 replies [Last post]
Wadi El-Din Hammouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering how to load the resident resouces of a project ?! I mean, like the site engineer for instance, he has to be involved with each and every activity, but on the same time i don't want to load a "site engineer" resource to each and every activity! What i actually do is load these "resident resources"; like, admins, site engineers, foremen, supervisors, and even PM's to the critical activities along the critical path, but that changes during the progress of the project.

My question is what is the right way to load resources who are assigned along the whole project from start to finish?!

Thank you very much in advance and merry Christmas - also in advance :).

Wadi

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

agreed use LOE from the start of the job to the end of the job for indrect resources

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Wadi,

Asuming resource levels will remain constant throughtout the project (ie 1 x site engineer from start to finish of the project), then you should create an LOE activity stretching across the project duration, and load your indirect resources such as site engineer, planner, etc onto it.

Cheers,

G