Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Templates

2 replies [Last post]
Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can someone guide me through the process of creating project templates in P6 8.3.2. I know the older version used to have methodology management but its gone in this version. I am only familiar with methodology management but I have never used it. My boss asked me to create schedule template so we have a starting point rather than starting from scratch every time. How do people usally do this?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

the easiest way is to take a project that you have where you would like to maintain the wbs and possibly the coding structure. Copy the project then delete all of the activites. Now you are left with a shell as a stating point. To carry this a step further if you only like a portion of this schedule then filter for what you do not want and delete all of those activities. Now you are only left with what you actually wanted.

Ahmed Aziz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Tom,

As I have understood, you want to have (at your company) your unique WBS template to unify all your company's output.

You can do so very easily by creating an empty project and only managing the WBS name and code (to that suits you), you can also acompain the WBS with a written narrative to describe each activity location in your WBS.

You can also create a set of fragnets (small Primavera projects) for the repetitive parts in the project so that you can copy and use it in any project.

Regards

Aziz